Thursday, August 26, 2010

At times people are not aware of how I stand. I just believe we Muslims should not attract controversies and should shun from it less it cause aspersion to our religion. This is vital in a foreign country where we are minorities.

As Muslims we take into our heart the story of the hudaibiyah treaty which was sign between Muslims and the Quraish. The story should be a lesson in humility and Muhammad's pbuh wise attributes. The youtube commentary make a lucid advocate of Muslim rights but is it wise? Remember the Muslim on paper loose out during the signing of hudaibiyah until his companion Umar r.a. was so incensed that he was sheeting his sword out but was stop by Muhammad so sometimes by giving in the goodwill is tremendous. Here is the blog in question and my answer and the you tube posted for your reading and viewing pleasure

Saudi Arabia: From the Frying Pan to the Fire

Rate This
Quantcast

I’ve been purposely holding back from writing about the controversy surrounding the proposal to build an Islamic center in the vicinity of Ground Zero in New York. I guess I’ve felt it’s been a no-win to write about whether for or against the project. However a recent article is what has prompted me to post a few words on the topic.

I can’t see people ever coming to agreements when it comes to different religions. Religious tolerance is difficult enough and as illustrated by the proposal of the Islamic center, there are differing degrees of tolerance too. There is one set of tolerance for issues and projects in other countries and another scale of tolerance when a project is in one’s own back yard so to speak.

Then there are those who want to jump on a media bandwagon and instead of trying to calm down or diffuse an emotional issue, they’d rather fan the flames into a roaring burn. Such is the case of Greg Gutfield and his new business proposal. Is this America’s new version or interpretation of “an eye for an eye?”

Greg Gutfield To Open A Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men”

by Jon Bershad | 8:23 pm, August 9th, 2010

http://www.dailygut.com/?i=4696

No, this is not a joke. In fact, it is instead one of the most brilliant pieces of provocation in recent years. Greg Gutfield from Fox News’ Red Eye announced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial mosque being built near Ground Zero in New York. To make matters worse (better?) the bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. God, this is going to be an exciting block.

Here’s Gutfield’s entire post which he will expand upon during tonight’s Red Eye:

MONDAY’S GREGALOGUE: MY NEW GAY BAR

So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it’s all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque – after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law – who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I’ve decided to do the same thing.

I’m announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I’ve already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn’t look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps – but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.

My Comment

wan zaharizan, on August 26, 2010 at 10:53 am Said:

I am a muslim. I might be not a good muslim but I have faith in my religion. Yet I oppose the building of Mosque near the vicinity of Ground Zero. Iman Abul Raouf Spend some time here in my country as a youth. He has a column in a engilsh daily news paper here which comes out once a week.
His father was the former rector of the Islamic International University here.

I do not know him or his inclination in terrorism if any as written by Daisy. But I am talking mostly about the wise thing to do as wise is one of the attributes of Muhammad as a person whom the Muslims must emulate. If it create discord among the population it is better to remove for Islam hates discord and abhor it. Iman Raof should know better.

Obama says true when he gave the speech during iftar that Muslims have the rights to practice her religion freely. And he says later he did not talk about the wisdom of building the mosque but the right of the Muslims populace. He understand that building rights lies in the hand of the city council in this the ire should be also against Mayor Bloomberg for approving the Cordoba Mosque!

But as Muslims we must shy away with controversies less it cast aspersion to our belief our religion. I have spoke in volume about it. I hate when my own brothers in faith use the so call rights to further their beliefs but sadly in their own country building a church take years to be approved? I speaking for my own country and I know that for a fact. If the Muslims are unwilling themselves to imbibe in themselves the attributes of Muhammad pbuh then don’t talk about rights for they themselves have sullied the image of their religion

Pls go to this blog to read futher comments and the divisiveness that we must all avoid

http://americanbedu.com/2010/08/26/saudi-arabia-from-the-frying-pan-to-the-fire/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home